Friday 25 April 2008

Backpackers Club AGM weekend

Am looking forward to this event at Ashford-in-the-Water, near Bakewell, on 26/27 April, particularly the ultra-lightweight gear that will be on show in the village hall. It's been too long (February) since I last used my tarp and the weather is now warmer although the weather forecast is for some wet. I think it's certain I'll be going; the only possible hiccup is the fact that my daughter was expecting her first infant on 13 April. It still hasn't turned up and she's booked in to be induced tomorrow, Friday. She's thoroughly fed up, tired and wishes it were all over, having had a difficult time over the last nine months, what with the worst possible morning sickness and having been on crutches since January suffering from spd which has been painful. My wife will, of course, go and inspect the infant when it arrives. At the moment, I appear still to be able to head for the Peak District.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.