Wednesday 6 August 2008

Coast to Coast

Am off on 29 August to walk from Ravenglass to Lindisfarne. Part of the aim is to decide which gear is going to take me from Lands End to John o'Groats next year but it should be a good fortnight away. Here is the schedule:
route-scheduleand here's a map of the route




The route is from a book by John Gillham.
Have got to get busy cooking the food I want and dehydrating it. I'll send a resupply parcel to somewhere near the half way point.

I hope to blog each day, 'phone signal permitting. My gear for this will be a Palm Tungsten E2 and a Sony Ericcson T610 (which I hope to have shortly from Ebay). I think the Palm has now been discontinued and, although the Palm web site gives a list of compatible Bluetooth 'phones, they are all obsolete models. Still, if I can pick the 'phone up cheaply then it's worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.