Tuesday 2 September 2008

Saturday 30th August ~ Below Hooker Crag (Muncaster Fell) to Wasdale Head

I've had trouble with this Pocketmail technology but it is probably my own fault. I haven't been able to "send" either with a mobile phone or by using a payphone. I dial the specified number only to have a female American tell me that my device has not been detected. I've reread the manual and think the reason is that I'm keeping the "send" button pressed when, in fact, I'm supposed to press and then release it. There's a payphone here somewhere and when I've finished this posting I'll go off in search for it.


Today has been good but quite hard work. After calling at the superb village store in Eskdale Green, there was a long ascent up through Miterdale Forest and on to Whin Rigg. We caught glimpses of Wastwater far below. It was quite boggy in places but we found a nice stop for lunch overlooking a small tarn. The views were never good as there was a mist obscuring the detail of the fells all around but there was no rain and it made good walking weather.














After Illgill Head, it was a long descent to Wasdale Head. We called in for a pint of Piper's Gold at the Wasdale Head Inn before going to pitch at the small site nearby below Kirk Fell and Great Gable.


--------------------------
Tell your friend about PocketMail and let the savings start rolling in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.