Tuesday 15 May 2012

Challenge Day 5 Tuesday May 15

I spent a surprisingly comfortable night, given the pitch. Before settling, I repositioned the tarp by moving it along about eighteen inches as I found I had a grassy clump where it was going to be uncomfortable. When I'd finished, the clump was my pillow and I slept diagonally.

We woke to sunshine and views of snowy mountain tops.



Our rather wet route took us east past Loch Dochard. We crossed Clashgour Bridge at NN418233, waded the Abhairn Shira south of Clashgour to follow the river bank and then a track to Forest Lodge where we joined the West Highland Way.



Clashgour Bridge
We just couldn't go wrong from here. The views all around were clear and stunning. Apart from a quick shower, the weather was kind to us all day. 




Victoria Bridge
We walked up the WHW for the best part of ten miles and are now camped by the King's House Hotel, a popular haunt of walkers, backpackers and climbers.

From Ba Bridge

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. Good to read you have had a nice clear day. looking forward to reading the next leg. Cheers Geoff

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.