Monday 14 October 2013

Charlbury/Cornbury Park

Just a day walk of around nine miles. The forecast was for rain all day but it was good to get out. This is a walk called the Forest of Wychwood on the Charlbury website. Parking was easy and free in the car park by the Spendlove Centre. Charlbury is very pretty and the route took me through the small town and out into Cornbury Park, skirting around the edge and on to Finstock. From there a bridleway led into Wychwood Forest.




 This covers quite a large area but there is only this one public right of way through it. In two locations I discovered clearings where BushcraftUK run residential courses for schools, both very well hidden and both deserted. Out of the forest, my route took me through Chilson and then Shorthampton. Here I followed the Oxfordshire Way back into Charlbury.
 
Lunch stop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.