Friday 30 May 2014

South Downs Way Day 2 Thursday 29 May

Miles walked 9.5.

I set off early at 6am. Still quite misty. Dropping down to the A3, I went through the underpass and stopped for breakfast at the Queen Elizabeth Country Park café. It wasn't open that early but I found a water tap and there were picnic tables. The park is quite big and forested. It made for good walking. A few joggers and dog walkers around.


South of South Harting, I left the SDW and made my way by lane and field path to Nyewood. I was heading to Rogate to overnight at my son's house where my wife was childminding one of the grandsons while his parents are on honeymoon! From Nyewood, it was a road walk of a couple of miles to Rogate. As I was off the SDW, I didn't feel guilty about hopping on a bus that came along at that moment. A short day, arriving at Rogate at 11.30am.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.