Friday 30 May 2014

South Downs Way Day 3 Friday 30 May

Miles walked 17.

The day got off to a bumpy start. I was dropped off at yesterday's finishing point only to have pointed out to me that I was minus my Pacerpoles. After a quick drive I was back less than half an hour to set off at midday. The weather is looking good for the next few days.

Much of today's walking was through woodland. There was a hard pull up Beacon Hill. My planned route was over the top but the official route now goes round the hill for some reason. There were great far reaching views to both north and south for much of the day.

At Cocking I refilled water at a roadside tap by a farm shop. It was easy walking through Graffham Down wildlife reserve. Plenty of no camping signs but it was much too early at 5pm to even consider it. I stopped to cook around 6.30 and then pressed on. Around 8pm I was tempted to stop for the night as there many perfect wild pitches. A while later, I stopped to pass the time of day with someone already pitched in a field of sheep but it was right next to a vehicle track and rather too obvious for my liking so I went on. I finally came to a halt at 9.30. I'm in a wood in just my sleeping bag and bivy bag and nothing is going to disturb a good night's sleep. It's not going to rain tonight either.


 
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.