Thursday 1 June 2017

Pennine Way Day 7 - Horton-in-Ribblesdale to Hawes

Started walking 7.15am
Distance walked 15 miles
Arrived 4pm

A lovely clear morning, such a change from yesterday. Three of us set off - me, Mike and Frank. Frank was suffering badly from blisters and said he would be slow but was keen to have company for the day. It was a long gradual pull up to the higher ground. Once up, the walking was relatively level. Frank was clearly suffering so I told Mike to go on ahead, so he did like a spring released. I was happy to plod along with Frank and he was good company.

At Cam End, the Dales Way and the PW met - I was here two years ago on my North of England Way coast to coast walk.

Whilst stopped for lunch enjoying the fine view over Cam Houses, Peg and John from Iowa came along. Frank had gone on, preferring to keep moving. I caught up with him later and we walked together down into Gayle. I found here the accommodation for me and Mike (Frank was to camp at Bainbridge Ings campsite). My new shoes had been delivered as well as my resupply parcel.

We three met for a meal at the Fountain Hotel - I had liver, bacon and onions which was very good.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.